This is the heading
High Dose Ozone Therapy - 10 pass
You have made an appointment at the BeterKliniek for Hyperbaric Ozone Therapy (HOT), or also called the "10 pass," because during the treatment up to 10 times your blood is mixed with Ozone. The first time we start with a 5 pass then a 10 pass. This can be increased in consultation with the doctor.
It is important that you read this document carefully and that you take note of possible side effects and contraindications although these hardly ever occur.
In addition, some preparation advice is listed to ensure the most successful treatment.
What is the ozone 10 Pass method?
Hyperbaric ozone therapy - 10 pass - is an intravenous ozone treatment developed by Austrian gynecologist and surgeon Dr. Johann Lahodny. It consists of drawing 200 ml of blood using a vacuum, after which this blood is mixed with 200 ml of ozone/oxygen at a concentration of 70 mcg/ml. The ozone/oxygen-enriched blood is reintroduced into the patient. This takes place under a small amount of positive pressure of less than 1 bar, which requires a special hyperbaric ozone machine. This process is then repeated ten times. The entire treatment takes about1 to 1.5 hours.
Like any medical intervention, the 10 pass ozone treatment method is not completely without risk. There are certain side effects that may occur during or after treatment.
The common side effects during a 10-pass can be divided into 2 distinct groups:
1) the side effects resulting from heparin, the drug, which is needed, to prevent blood clots from forming during treatment.
2) side effects due to the ozone treatment itself.
Side effects of Heparin
Due to the fact that the blood is mixed with the Ozone outside the body, it is necessary to use an anticoagulant. For a 10-pass treatment, we use 7,500 IU of heparin.
Heparin is a relatively safe drug. Side effects are virtually nonexistent, but not impossible.
A possible, but rare, side effect of heparin is bleeding. As a precaution, after treatment with Ozone and before you leave the BeterKliniek, you will be given a bracelet on your wrist that shows the amount of heparin administered during the treatment and the time it was administered. After 24 hours you may cut the bracelet and throw it away.
Side effects observed after 10 pass Ozone treatment due to heparin:
- Brown urine: this is almost always due to the dissolution of blood clots or a small hemorrhage in the urinary tract. It is almost always benign and disappears on its own.
- Symptoms resulting from an allergic reaction to heparin such as itching, rash, swelling, shortness of breath, headache, weakness, dizziness, chills, feeling cold, tingling or itching - especially of the extremities.
To find out if you are allergic, prior to the first treatment we always inject a small amount of heparin into the skin, and wait 15-20 minutes to see what your body reacts to this. In this way we prevent as much as possible the symptoms mentioned in the2nd point.
Side effects generally disappear within 24 hours. If you are worried for any reason, please contact the BeterKliniek.
Contraindications of Heparin
Heparin should not be administered if you:
- Allergic to heparin or any of the ingredients
- hasthrombocytopenia (decreased number of platelets in your blood)
- Have a clotting disorder, or use blood thinners
- In your period of your period is
- Suffers from poor kidney or liver function
- Bent diagnosed with a peptic ulcer,
Interactions with other drugs
Heparin may interact with a number of medicines. Your doctor must be informed if you are taking other blood thinners, aspirin, NSAIDs, antithrombins and a range of other medications. ALWAYS report this to the nurse
Side effects resulting from ozone therapy:
- A detox reaction (detoxification): it can range from pain in places where there was no pain before to feeling rash or extremely tired, as well as many other symptoms. Any detox reaction that occurs during other ozone treatments can also be experienced during or after a 10-pass, but much more intense.
- The quality of the veins. The 10-pass method requires a relatively thick 18-g needle. Because hyperbaric pressure is applied to the vein, the patient must have at least one good vein to undergo the infusion. Not every patient is properly equipped, in which case it is sometimes not possible to perform the treatment at all.
- Damaged veins: even patients with strong veins may face the possibility that the increased pressure will become too much over time. This situation can result in a ruptured or "blown" vein with resulting local bleeding. A "blown" vein is not life-threatening. In most cases, it heals without any problems.
- Effect on Lungs: the application of any type of injection involving oxygen can lead to the feeling of heavy lungs, difficulty breathing or pain in the lungs. This is likely due to oxygen bubbles. Oxygen takes some time to be absorbed by red blood cells. It is not an immediate process. Because larger amounts of ozone and oxygen are mixed with the blood during a 10 pass, the patient may experience that typical chest sensation. When this happens, the procedure must be aborted. The administration of larger amounts of vitamin C is generally a good antidote and provides rapid relief.
Preparation until treatment
Prior to treatment, you will have an initial interview with a our therapist and/or physician.
It is very important to the doctor that you bring information that clarifies:
- What medication you are currently taking and what medication you have taken in the past
- Whether you are known to have an allergy to Heparin
- Whether you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
- Whether you have many amalgam fillings; have amalgam fillings been removed in the last ten years and have a protective method such as the "cofferdam" and/or "cleanup" been used in the process
What you need to do yourself in preparation:
- Drink plenty of water (2 liters) one day in advance; also on the day of the treatment, prior you should have drunk plenty of water
- On the day of the treatment, beforehand, make sure you have also eaten enough food to avoid low blood sugar during the treatment (ozone increases metabolism - so you burn more energy)
- If you feel sluggish prior to the treatment because your last meal was too long ago, an Ozone treatment is not recommended
- On the day of the treatment, it is better not to take certain vitamins (especially the antioxidants) or only in low doses (vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, Alpha Lipoic Acid, NAC, Q10, astaxanthin, glutathione)
Ozone is known for the fact that it kills just about all Micro-Organisms (bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites). The method of ozone therapy according to Lahodny (the ten-pass) has a huge restorative effect on all body tissues, improves the immune system, improves blood flow (improves vision in macular degeneration, for example), restores the mitochondria (the energy factories in cells), etc.
Maar Ozon verwijdert GEEN zware metalen, het vult GEEN vitaminen en/of mineralen tekorten aan, nog kan het anatomische afwijkingen herstellen.