General payment terms and conditions BeterKliniek
1. Deviations from the general terms of payment shall only be effective if expressly agreed to in writing by BeterKliniek.
2. BeterKliniek bills the costs directly to the patient. It is the patient's own responsibility to inquire with their health insurance company about reimbursements (alternative package).
3. After completion of a consultation (with the exception of telephone or video consultations) or treatment, you must pay the amount due by debit or cash.
4. BeterKliniek is entitled to require from the patient full or partial prepayment or security for the estimated costs of the
(further) treatment, examination or other services to be provided to him.
5. When canceling up to 48 hours before a consultation, patient owes no fee. If cancelled up to 24 hours before the start of a consultation, patient owes 50% the cost of the consultation. If cancelled up to 12 hours before a consultation begins, patient owes 100% the cost of the consultation.
6. If administration of an IV or injection is unsuccessful (due to circumstances not attributable to the nurse/physician), IV fluids or supplies may be charged.
7. The patient must notify BeterKliniek of their new address details when moving.
8. BeterKliniek reserves the right to change rates/pricing consultations and treatments without further notice.
9. Payment of an invoice must be credited to BeterKliniek's bank account no later than 14 days after the invoice date.
10. If the debtor fails to pay the invoice in due time as described above, BeterKliniek will send at least one reminder in which the debtor is given the opportunity to pay the invoice in full within a period of 16 days. Unless the debtor justifiably invokes a right of suspension with good reason, the patient is legally in default from the due date of the invoice. From that date, BeterKliniek shall claim the statutory interest.
11. If payment is still not made after the aforementioned reminder, the debtor, regardless of whether the claim is transferred to a collection intermediary for collection
, shall owe extrajudicial collection costs, all in accordance with the scale used in the Collection Costs Act, with a minimum of € 40.00 excluding VAT.
12. Where the claim has been assigned by BeterKliniek, payments made by the debtor shall first serve to settle all interest and costs due
and only then to settle the oldest outstanding and due invoices, even if the buyer states that the payment relates to a later invoice.
13. A debtor's reliance on set-off is not possible if the counterclaim is properly contested by BeterKliniek.
14. Disputes arising from the agreement between debtor and any of the entities listed above will initially be submitted to BeterKliniek's
complaints officer. If necessary, disputes will be submitted exclusively to the competent Dutch court. If a dispute falls under the jurisdiction of a District Court according to the legal rules, the District Court of BeterKliniek's principal place of business shall have exclusive jurisdiction, without prejudice to BeterKliniek's right to submit the dispute to the District Court with jurisdiction according to the normal rules of competence. All agreements concluded between BeterKliniek and the debtor shall be governed by Dutch law.
* COLLECTION FEE SCALE
Law on Collection Costs:
- 15% over the first € 2,500 with a minimum of € 40.00
- 10% over the next € 2,500.00
- 5% over the next € 5,000.00
- 1% over the next € 190,000.00
- 0.5% over all the excess up to a maximum of € 6,775.00
The graduated scale is determined by law. For more information see Decree on Compensation for Extrajudicial Collection Costs on government.com: